Lately, it has been hot, so I decided to do something that would make life a little easier. I cooked a bunch of different meals in the crock pot, put them into containers, and froze them. That way, when the weather is hot, I wouldn't have to do much cooking. Then a flyer came in from the local Mexican market. They had pineapples, plantains, mangoes, watermelon, cucumbers—fresh fruits and vegetables at really good prices. They also had beef shanks. So after the gym, I had my caretaker take me to the store. I already had plenty of food at home. I had meals in the freezer, food in the refrigerator, and everything I needed. I wasn't going to the store because I was running out of food. But when I got there, something happened. I felt happy. The store was colorful and full of fresh food. I could choose one of this, two of that, three of something else. I wasn't limited to whatever quantity happened to come in a package. I could actually look at what I wanted and decide what I wa...
Sometimes, I feel stuck, weighed down by things that hold me back. But when I break free, when I release that grip, that's when I catch glimpses of what could be. It's like seeing a new path emerge from the fog.
Holding on – clinging to my own way instead of trusting the bigger picture – only keeps me from reaching those possibilities. It's in letting go that I discover the amazing things that are waiting for me.
Musings and photos by Jean
Comments
Post a Comment