Skip to main content

Trending Now: What everyone's reading.

There Is Still Plenty of Life to Live

Lately, it has been hot, so I decided to do something that would make life a little easier. I cooked a bunch of different meals in the crock pot, put them into containers, and froze them. That way, when the weather is hot, I wouldn't have to do much cooking. Then a flyer came in from the local Mexican market. They had pineapples, plantains, mangoes, watermelon, cucumbers—fresh fruits and vegetables at really good prices. They also had beef shanks. So after the gym, I had my caretaker take me to the store. I already had plenty of food at home. I had meals in the freezer, food in the refrigerator, and everything I needed. I wasn't going to the store because I was running out of food. But when I got there, something happened. I felt happy. The store was colorful and full of fresh food. I could choose one of this, two of that, three of something else. I wasn't limited to whatever quantity happened to come in a package. I could actually look at what I wanted and decide what I wa...

EFT Tapping vs. The Emotion Code: Understanding Their Similarities and Differences


As an Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) certified practitioner with a background in meridian energy work, I’ve always been fascinated by the connection between emotions and the body's energy system. My journey led me to explore The Emotion Code, a method designed to identify and release trapped emotions using muscle testing and energy healing techniques. Given my experience with EFT tapping—where specific meridian points are stimulated to clear emotional blocks—I wanted to take a deeper look at how these two modalities compare. Do they complement each other? Are they fundamentally different? In this section, I’ll break down their similarities, differences, and how each approach works to restore emotional balance and well-being.

Both EFT tapping and the Emotion Code are energy-based healing modalities designed to release emotional blockages, but they take different approaches. Let’s break down how they compare.

Similarities Between EFT Tapping and The Emotion Code

  1. Energy Meridians – Both methods draw upon the concept of energy meridians from Traditional Chinese Medicine. They aim to clear imbalances or blockages in these pathways to restore emotional and physical well-being.
  2. Emotional Healing – Each technique acknowledges the deep connection between emotions and health. By addressing trapped emotions, both EFT and the Emotion Code work to alleviate stress, anxiety, and even physical pain.
  3. Self-Help Tools – While both techniques can be facilitated by a practitioner, they are also designed to be used as self-help methods, empowering individuals to take charge of their emotional healing.

Key Differences Between EFT Tapping and The Emotion Code

FeatureEFT TappingEmotion Code
TechniqueTapping on meridian points with fingertipsMuscle testing to identify emotions, then using a magnet along the Governing Meridian to release them
Issue IdentificationFocuses on a specific problem while tappingUses muscle testing to uncover trapped emotions, often from past experiences
PhilosophyMerges meridian tapping with cognitive reframingFocuses on identifying and releasing emotional energies without needing conscious awareness of the event

EFT Tapping: A Hands-On Emotional Release Technique

EFT tapping is a more interactive process that involves physically tapping on meridian points while acknowledging and addressing specific emotions or issues. It often incorporates positive affirmations and cognitive restructuring to shift negative thought patterns.

The Emotion Code: Identifying and Releasing Trapped Emotions

The Emotion Code, on the other hand, focuses on uncovering deeply stored emotional energies through muscle testing. It then uses a simple yet effective method—running a magnet along the Governing Meridian—to clear these trapped emotions from the body’s energy field.

Which One Is More Effective?

Effectiveness depends on the individual. Some people resonate more with the physical act of tapping, finding that it helps them process emotions in real time. Others appreciate the diagnostic and clearing method of the Emotion Code, which can bring awareness to emotions they didn’t even realize were stuck.

Ultimately, both techniques offer powerful ways to release emotional baggage, improve well-being, and restore balance to the body’s energy system. Some may prefer one over the other, while others might find value in combining both practices for deeper healing.

Comments

Popular Posts

Six Years Ago, I Survived a Stroke. Eleven Months Ago, Everything Changed Again.

I Almost Forgot My S trokeversary 💔 Please read my story, share this post, and help me get the word out.  Yesterday, August 3rd, marked six years since my stroke. I almost forgot. Not because it isn't important, but because I'm carrying so much pain from the injuries I suffered in my car accident on September 6th, 2025, that my stroke anniversary completely slipped my mind. That first year after my stroke, I honestly thought I was going to die every single day. I was constantly dizzy, scared, and didn't know if life would ever feel normal again. I remember telling myself, If I can just make it through the first year, I'll be okay. I had to learn how to walk, talk, and eat without choking all over again. Then came the second year. The third. Things slowly got easier. Life gradually started feeling normal again. I still have deficits—mostly in my left hand and a little weakness on my left side—for the most part, you couldn't really tell when I walked, or at least tha...

Before You Give Advice, Make Sure You Know the Whole Story

  One of the hardest parts of sharing my recovery online isn't the physical therapy, the setbacks, or even learning to walk again. It's the people who think they know my story after watching three seconds of a video. I recently shared my 10-month recovery update as a new below-knee amputee. The video wasn't asking for gait critiques, medical advice, or strangers to analyze my every step. It was documenting where I am in my journey and celebrating a milestone that took months of pain, determination, surgeries, setbacks, and rehabilitation to reach. I was sharing progress. I was sharing hope. I was sharing what it looks like to start rebuilding a life after a catastrophic accident. But instead of people simply celebrating that milestone, some immediately jumped into telling me what I should be doing differently. "Ditch the crutches." "Take gait lessons." "You're going to fall." Here's the problem. They didn't know my story. They didn...

Sometimes the Setbacks Are a Blessing in Disguise

  Sometimes the Setbacks Are a Blessing in Disguise When you’re rebuilding your life after a life-changing accident, every setback feels like another thing being taken away from you. For me, the last few weeks have been incredibly frustrating. I was finally starting to feel more confident using my prosthetic leg. I was making progress. I was walking more, getting stronger, and beginning to feel like I was getting a piece of my independence back. Then came the blood blisters. My amputated leg developed painful blisters, and suddenly I couldn’t wear my prosthetic. I had no choice but to slow down and give my body time to heal. At first, it felt like another obstacle. Another delay. Another reminder that recovery doesn’t happen on my timeline. But something unexpected happened. My remaining leg and ankle finally seemed to have the time they needed to recover. After my ankle surgery to remove three screws and the plate that had been holding my bone together, I had given it about four w...

Don't Borrow Your Dreams from People Who Never Chased Theirs

Don't Let Someone Else's Limited Thinking Become Your Limitations The reason I wrote this piece is not to rant. I recently lost my photography career after a tragic, catastrophic accident where I lost my leg. Now, once again, I'm being forced to reinvent myself. And that's kind of been the theme of my whole life: reinvention and resilience. I mentioned to some of the people closest to me what I wanted to do next, and boy, did they have opinions of their own. Not only am I still healing ten months after my accident, and my body is still going through trauma, but my brain is also forced to figure out what's next. When I told a couple of people what I wanted to do, they shut me down almost instantly. But then I had to think about their lives. All they've ever done was exchange their time for money. They don't understand me. I'm a creative person. I don't punch in and punch out for a J-O-B. So, I'm guarding my plans closely and only sharing them with...